Week 19 MKMMA...I Don't Belong Here...





Several weeks into this process I met another Tribe member for coffee. After a discussion about all kinds other things she asked me "why" I was taking this course and I had no idea why honestly, I can't even remember what I answered. I've spent time since then contemplating that question and still didn't come up a great answer. I didn't take it to build my business or for any of the reasons probably most people take it. I was already on the email list somehow, and then my business partner was also sending the invites to join the course. I figured, why not? It's free to try it out and what do I have to lose? I've been on a journey of changing my mindset for several years, but nothing had really "stuck" and I didn't realize that this was going to lead me in that direction. I had no "reason" specifically to take it...it ended up being much more than I bargained for in so many ways...lots of time and energy that I wasn't prepared to invest, infringing upon my comfortable mediocrity, challenging the funk that I found myself in after two very stressful years of dealing with overcoming some major life curveballs. Even after going through the process, and yes missing some reads and sits here and there, and seeing and feeling the great changes that are possible (with still so much more to learn and growth to do), I sometimes have felt like an imposter...trying to "belong" in this course, struggling to make changes, answering the call of the "hero's journey" and I've felt so inadequate.

Don't get me wrong, I am immensely grateful for this course and all of the growth and experiences that have happened. I absolutely know that this process is changing me and helping me become the person I am supposed to become. So when I was watching the Week 19 video with the Ted Talk with Amy Cuddy, I teared up when she was talking about her student. So many times I've felt so out of place and unworthy of who I want to become, who I know I can become. That cement is thick and sticks and it's such a challenge to get off!

Awhile back my hubby made a meme of me as Wonder Woman...
It was the Mother's Day that we spent focused on and taking care of his mother, bringing her home from rehab after a broken leg, and spending that whole weekend building a ramp to her house so she could come home. When I fell from a ladder twenty months ago, he bought me a Wonder Woman shirt and a POP! toy figure. A good friend sent me a Wonder Woman action figure as a get well gift. I know that there are people in my life who view me as a Wonder Woman...I want to become the Wonder Woman that I know I am meant to be!

I love the "Wonder Woman" stance for a power pose! I can do that! And when I do? I feel so marvelous! So, I will "fake it until I become it" and become the person that I am supposed to be! If you're feeling the same way, just try it. It's quite incredible!

--------------------
Sidenote: Not only I am going to start doing this exercise for myself on a daily basis, I'm also going to teach my 2nd graders to feel more empowered and powerful with daily 2-minute "Superhero" poses! Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it goes!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts