Week 15 MKMMA...Word!


Words are important...what we think, what we write, what we speak.

The word that stands out to me this week as I'm working through my lessons, sits and reading is HARMONY

For several years I've been on a quest to replace negative thoughts with positive ones, thinking and speaking only that which benefits and encourages and grows. I have improved, even though many times I've missed the mark. The most important thing is persistence until there is triumph. 

Everything that grabs my attention lately focuses on positivity...mentally, of course, but also the relevance of living and working in a positive environment. 

I picked "well-organized" as my focus this week and I'm seeing it everywhere. Since I'm on Winter Break, I've been organizing things at home and working on changing the environment of our home into a more calming, positive space. As I make changes, I see those around me following suit, tidying up without being asked and just enjoying being in the presence of each other in a way we haven't in awhile because we have allowed busy and hectic to take over our lifestyle in recent years. Next week I'm hoping to bring more of this positivity, calm and harmony into my classroom as we begin the second semester of 2nd grade. Thankfully Monday is a planning day and I can implement some new ideas to help facilitate change.

As I enter this new year, everything that I am working on is coming together in harmony, and boy, is it sweet!

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
--Mahatma Ghandi

Comments

  1. Words, indeed! SO powerful, and you are becoming SUCH a great observer. Not only are you seeing the words in and for yourself, you are seeing ways to send the ripple effect outward - to your family and your students. You're going to have a wonderful - more organized, calmer and harmonious 2019! I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persistence is what builds new habits. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts